Welcome to Hanoi
- Welcome to Hanoi !! You’ll land at the international airport and be greeted by your tour guide, an expert in knowing the local secrets and way to navigate through the alleyways.
- You’ll be transferred to your hotel in downtown and helped with check-in. (standard check-in time is 14.00-15.00 so we will be providing you early check-in).
- Breakfast at hotel (till 9:30 am) and start your full day Hanoi City Tour.
- We will pick you up from Old Quarter and head out for a city tour in Hanoi, starting from the Temple of Literature (Quoc Tu Giam). It is the location of Vietnam’s first national university’s Imperial Academy and was built in 1070. This thousand-year-old heritage marks the beginning of advanced education in Hanoi and was dedicateto major figures in education, particularly Confucius. It’s a tranquil place that just soothes the soul and calms the mind. Only 15 minutes by foot from the temple is the One Pillar Pagoda, a landmark with deep meaning for the people of Hanoi.
- It is a Buddhist temple with significant historical value. The One Pillar Pagoda is actually a complex that was constructed in the shape of a lotus flower by Emperor Ly Thai Thong who dreamed of a Buddhist goddess. The current pagoda is a rebuilt on top of the original pillar after the pagoda was destroyed in 1954 during the French colonization. Within the vicinity of the pagoda is the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the final resting place for the revolutionary leader and President Ho Chi Minh, who earned the country its independence. Visitors can also view his modest residence on stilts from the outside.
- Once we’re done with viewing, we’ll have a lunch break before continuing the tour. The Museum of Ethnology is next on the list, a special Vietnamese museum devoted to the documentation and preservation of 54 recognized ethnic groups in Vietnam. Here, people are educated on the culture of the indigenous people that reside within this land and their history.
- From the museum, we drive back to the Old Quarter because we don’t want to miss the Water Puppet Show, a beautiful show which roots stem from centuries-old art form in Hanoi.
- Water puppet show was the entertainment of farmers in the 11th century when their fields are flooded, leaving them with little entertainment, but puppets to play with.
- Today, the show is synonymous to an art that preserves time and often sings about harvest times and myths related to water.
- We head back to the hotel after the show for overnight stay in Hanoi.
Full Day Excursion
- Have breakfast at Hotel.
- A 90km driving south of Hanoi will lead you to Ninh Binh, the site of the one capital city of ancient Vietnam before Hanoi took its leading role in 11th century. The area is featured by lots of well-known sceneries, which include Tam Coc Caves and Hoa Lu ancient capitalwith the old temples dedicated to King Dinh & King Le reigned in 10th century.
- The visit in Ninh Binh starts by a boat trip in Tam Coc where spectacular limestone karsts jut out from the green paddy fields reminding about Guilin (China) and Halong Bay of Vietnam, which gives this scenery the name “Halong-bay-on-land”.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Further discovery in Ninh Binh will be continued by visiting Bich Dong Pagoda.
- Afternoon drive back Hanoi, on the way, stop to visit Hoa Lu, the site that used to be the kings’ palace in 10th century and now famous for the wooden relieves of the shady Dinh and Le temples.
- Late afternoon back to Hanoi.
- Overnight in Hanoi.
Transfer From Hanoi to Halong Bay
- Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel before we set off.
- Your car will be waiting at 9AM and get ready for a 3-hour drive to what has to be one of the most famous beaches in Southeast Asia, Halong Bay.
- Overlooking the Gulf of Tonkin, the bay became a designated Natural World Heritage by UNESCO in 1994 and 2006.
- Enjoy an authentic sight of Vietnam on your scenic ride as we pass by the Red River delta and green paddy fields on which farmers are working. Rural villages are signs of barely touched wilderness with the occasional buffaloes employed to plough the fields.
- We’ll board the cruise for check-in before enjoy our lunch after a long ride here.
- Take a break, drop your luggage and refresh before we take you to look around this gorgeous place. Halong Bay name means “The Descending Dragon Bay,” which comes from the legend that the Mother Dragon was sent by the Jade Emperor to defend Vietnamese against invaders from the sea. As you walk along the shore, you’ll spot limestone rocks that appear to be oddly sculpted by mother nature and several caves with magnificent karsts. These are grottos, or artificial caves, which can be entered by visitors. With the beach so beautiful, you probably can’t help yourself but go for a quick dip into the water. Kayaking is also available for those interested, allowing you to take the river route where floating houses can be seen and reach the islets near Halong Bay.
- We’ll return to the cruise by evening for dinner onboard and you’ll have leisure time to look around the boat, attend evening activities, or just relax.
- Overnight stay aboard cruise.
Fly to Saigon
- Our day starts early today at Halong Bay because you don’t want to see the view of the sunrisefrom the horizon.
- Dawn breaks and bring out colors of the “East Sea” that’ll certainly put you in awe at the beauty of this country, as sunlight slowly falls onto the islets around you.
- After the sun is up, we head to the dining room for your breakfast before the cruise begins its journey.
- Many of islets were named after their shape, like the Fisherman’s head rock, Turtle Islet, Sail Island, etc.
- As the cruise continues, you’ll be able to understand the meaning behind those names. Check-out process is available before we reach the pier and brunch will be prepared on board afterward.
- Once we reach the port, you’ll be met with your driver again to be transferred to the airport for your flight to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) city.
- At the capital city, we head to downtown with your local tour guide to check-in for overnight stay at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh.
Mekong Delta Tour
- Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel and get ready for an exciting day down the longest river in Southeast Asia.
- Your driver will be waiting at the lobby to take you to My Tho City, a city in the Mekong Delta famous for their local products made from local produce such as coconut candy and rice paper.
- It is about 71 kms and will take about 1.5 hrs to reach here from Saigon. It was a commercial hub of the region during the 17th century and still the centre of business and education. Hop on a cruise, which is a perfect way to explore the city while riding down the mighty Mekong River.
- You’ll be able to observe the local way of living, one that often revolves around the river. We’ll stop by one of the islands where fresh tropical fruits can be harvested and enjoy the performance of traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
- We’ll switch vessel to smaller boats, manpowered by locals to enter small cannels and visit the factories where local delicacies are made, many still through traditional methods. Taste the honey tea and coconut candy milk, then take walk through the gardens where the honeybees feed. After lunch break, we’ll continue to Vinh Trang Pagoda, which is a unique pagoda that features the combination of Chinese, Cambodia, and French architecture and culture.
- This Buddhist temple is the most famous across the province and remains well-preserved to this day since it was built in 1849, a fascinating example of mixed style of Asian interference with a bit of French.
- We’ll head back to Saigon before as the sun begins to set, in time for dinner.
- We’ll stay overnight in Saigon.
Fly Back Home
- After breakfast at the hotel, we check-out.
- We’ll transfer you to the airport for your departure flight back home.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note that these packages are customizable, which means that you will be able to make changes to the itinerary/activity if you so desire. The final payment will be calculated as per the itinerary and inclusions reflected on the confirmatory e-mail sent to you.
- Please expect to receive your vouchers 72 hours before your departure date (subject to full payment of your package cost).
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bars etc., are not included.
- In case your package needs to be canceled due to any natural calamity, weather conditions etc. Dook Travels shall strive to give you the maximum possible refund subject to the agreement made with our trade partners/vendors.
- The passenger names in the booking form should be exactly as per passports. Dook Travels will not bear any liability for the name change fee, if incorrect names and ages have been added at the time of booking.
- Please note that your package includes baggage as per airlines policy. Any addition in baggage will be charged separately.
- Standard check-in time at the hotel is normally 2:00 pm and check-out is 11:00 am. An early check-in, or a late check-out is solely based on the discretion of the hotel.
- In case the selected hotel is unavailable for booking, an alternate arrangement will be offered to the customer in another hotel of a similar category.
- Certain hotels may ask for a security deposit during check-in, which is refundable at check-out subject to the hotel policy.This amount has to be deposited by the traveler.
- Please note that Day at Leisure essentially implies that no sightseeing activities have been included for that day.
- Kindly be on time for your activities, tours and transfers. Dook Travels will not be liable for missing any activity thus for any refund against it in such cases.
- No refund either in part or in full will be made for any unused part of the services provided in the package.
- The package price doesn’t include special dinner or mandatory charges at times levied by the hotels especially during New Year and Christmas or any special occasions. Dook Travels shall try to communicate the same while booking the package. However Dook Travels may not have this information readily available all the time.
- Our package price does not include GST and TCS. Applicable GST and TCS will be charged over and above the package price.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- For any paid activity which is non-operational due to any unforeseen reason, we will process the refund & should reach the guest within 30 days refund requisition. Also, for any activity which is complementary and not charged to Dook Travels & guests, no refund will be processed.
- Our package prices are on twin sharing accommodation basis thus published prices are applicable for minimum two persons and multiple of two thereon.
- As per RBI guideline every foreign traveler has to provide us his PAN details. The Dollar component of package price will be taken out of your BTQ (Basic Travel Quota).
- The tour cost does not include any Overseas Insurance Premium, but we strongly recommend buying Overseas Insurance Policy. The same after issuance is non refundable.
- These terms are general terms for our tour packages. Any term mentioned in proposal shall be considered part of it and in case of discrepancy term mentioned in proposal shall prevail.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.
- Dook will try to operate each group tour on best effort basis. In case Dook is not able to operate the group for insufficient no. of passengers, Dook will refund 100% money to travelers. Except for this Dook will not have any other liability
- Payment schedule depends on destination, time of booking, inclusions, airline and hotel payment policy etc thus it is specific to your package bookining.
- Payment schedule will be part of our proposal to you for the package.
- If payment is not made as per the schedule provided in the first booking confirmation e-mail, Dook Travels reserves the right to cancel the booking after attempting to get in touch with you. Refunds would be as per the package cancellation policy.
- Once Booking received : INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation + Hotel cancellation as per hotel policy+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 60 – 45 Days prior to departure : 25 % of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 45 – 30 days prior to departure: 50% of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 30 – 10 days prior to departure: 75% of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- Within 10 days: Full.
Top 15 Stunning Cities in Serbia to Visit
Serbia, a southeastern European country, is a gorgeous tourist destination. It is a hidden gem of Europe that...
Top 10 Timeless Historical Places in Turkey
Turkey has an ancient charm and historic significance that offers tourists so much to explore. Turkey, a land...
Turkey in Winter: A Heaven-Like Experience
Turkey never fails to mesmerize its tourists with its old-world charm, modern vibes, vast landscapes, stunning attractions, breathtaking...