Forts And Palaces Of India 11 Nights
Stepping into India’s timeless heritages
20Humayuns Tomb Jama Masjid Khari Baoli Gurudwara Bangla Sahib India Gate Chandni Chowk Rashtrapati Bhavan Rajpath Area Itmad-ud-Daula Agra Fort Taj Mahal Ranthambore National Park Amber Fort City Palace Jaipur Jag Mandir Jagdish Temple City Palace Museum City Palace Udaipur Lake Pichola Crystal Gallery
Feast your eyes on the majestic forts and palaces dotted around India courtesy of the powerful empires that ruled here. Explore the old cities of Delhi, Udaipur and Mumbai and get yourself a tan under sun in Goa. Befriend the magnificent tigers of Ranthambore and redefine romance in the grounds of the Taj Mahal.
- On arrival in Delhi, you will be met at the aero bridge and will be assisted through customs / immigration baggage collection. And you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Spend two nights at Hotel.
Sightseeing Of Delhi
- This morning proceed on a combined city tour of New Delhi and Old Delhi.
- In New Delhi you will visit.
- Humayun’s Tomb: Humayun's Tomb is a complex of buildings built for the second mughal emperor, commissioned by Humayun's wife Hamida Banu begum in 1562. It was the first garden-tomb on the indian subcontinent, and is located close to the nizamuddin dargarh. It was also the first structure to use red sandstone at such a scale. The complex was declared a unesco world heritage site in 1993.
- Later drive past
- India Gate: This 42m high stone arch of triumph stands at the eastern end of the rajpath. It bears the names of 85,000 indian army soldiers who died in the campaigns of ww i, the north west frontier operations of the same time and the 1919 afghan fiasco.
- Rajpath: The kings way is another focus of lutyens New Delhi. It is immensely broad and is flanked on either side by ornamental ponds, or various public buildings. The republic day parade is held here every 26th january, and thousands of people gather to enjoy the spectacle.
- Rashtrapati Bhawan (President House): The official residence of the president of india stands at the opposite end of the rajpath from india gate. Completed in 1929, the palace like building is an interesting blend of mughal and western architectural styles, the most obvious indian feature being the huge copper dome. To the west of the building is a mughal garden, which occupies 130 ha. This garden is only open to the public in february. Prior to independence this was the viceroy’s residence.
- Later visit the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the temple of the sikhs. Their turbans and beards make the men easily identifiable with the sect. Sikhism developed as an antithesis to the caste ridden and ritualistic forms of hinduism and developed as a simple religion whose foundation was “sewa” – socially responsibility irrespective of a person’s social standing.
- Thus every sikh temple has the famous community kitchen, where it is consideed a privilege to assist cooking the food and serving a simple meal to pilgrim and visitors. If guests wish, they can participate in the community service.
- We will also try and arrange for you to participate in serving food to the visitors.
- Afternoon proceed on a half day city tour of Old Delhi.
- Chandni Chowk: Take a rickshaw ride in chandni chowk which was once the grandest of markets in india. Even though today chandni chowk appears choked with congestion, it retains its historical character.
- Spice market: khari Baoli is a street in old delhi known for its wholesale grocery and asia's largest wholesale spice market selling all kinds of spices, nuts, herbs and food products like rice and tea. The market is operating since the 17th century.
- Jama Masjid: The jama masjid of delhi is the principal mosque of old delhi in india. Commissioned by the mughal emperor shah jahan, builder of the taj mahal, and completed in the year 1656 ad, it is the largest and best-known mosque in india. It lies at the origin of a very busy central street of old delhi, chandni chowk.
- Later return to your hotel.
Delhi to Agra
- Morning you will be met at hotel lobby and will be transferred to nizamuddin station for train to Agra.
- Agra: The city of agra flourished under the patronage of the mughal emperors akbar, jahangir and shah jahan and attracted artisans from persia and across central asia. Agra is where emperor shah jahan celebrated his immortal love for his empress in marble, the taj mahal. Agra is still famous for handicrafts products such as inlay work on marble, carpets, jewellery, zari and embroidery work.
- On arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
- Agra Fort: - The red sandstone agra fort was renovated and converted into a palace during shah jahan's time, and reworked extensively with marble and pietra dura inlay. Notable buildings in the fort include the pearl mosque, the diwan-e-am and diwan-e-khas (halls of public and private audience), jehangir's palace, khaas mahal, sheesh mahal (mirrored palace), and musamman burj.
- Sunset visit taj mahal. Said to be one of the most elegant and a harmonious building in the world, taj mahal is the manifestation of the wealth and luxury of mughal art as seen in its architecture, garden design, painting, and calligraphy.
- Your stay is on bed & breakfast basis.
Agra to Bharatpur to Ranthambhore
- Re- visit taj mahal at sunrise. Return to hotel for breakfast.
- Later you will be transferred to the bharatpur railway station.
- Ranthambhore National Park: Ranthambhore National Park is known for its small population of friendly tigers, who do not seem to shy away from the approach of humans. Tucked between the rugged aravalli and vindhya hills, the reserve also boasts a spectacular landscape filled with border-strewn highland plateaus, lakes and rivers. A hunting ground for the local maharajas until 1970, the park has since become a refuge for hundreds of species of birds, mammals and reptiles.
- On arrival transfer from railway station to hotel.
- Afternoon proceed on game drive in an exclusive jeep with an excellent naturalist.
- Spend two nights at Hotel
- Accommodation .
- Morning and afternoon game drive by exclusive jeep
Ranthambhore to Jaipur
- Morning proceed on game drive by exclusive jeep
- Later drive – 3 ½ hours to jaipur
- Jaipur: Founded in 1728 by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh, jaipur is where modernity and tradition exist side by side. The walled city, vibrant with colours, houses the city palace, an astronomical observatory and a bustling bazaar where artisans fashion puppets, silver jewellery, lac bangles and other handicrafts in their workshops. At a short distance is the fort palace at amber.
- Upon arrival in jaipur, you will check-in at hotel.
- Spend two nights at hotel.
- Your stay is on bed & breakfast basis.
- Morning proceed on a visit to the Amber Fort.
- The amber fort is located 11 km from jaipur. It was the ancient citadel of the ruling kachhawa clan of amber, before the capital was shifted to present day jaipur. Amber fort is known for its unique artistic style, blending both hindu and muslim (mughal) elements, and its ornate and breath-taking artistic mastery.
- Afternoon you will be taken on a private guided tour of the city palace.
- The whole complex is wonderfully laid out with large courtyards, balconies, cupolas, arched entrances and gardens, which are prime examples of rajput architecture.
- The museum here displays the rich heritage of the jaipur family in miniature paintings, textiles, garments, books & manuscripts, carpets, palanquins and weapons dating back to the 15th century.
- During the tour of city palace, guests will have the opportunity of visiting the private chambers, which are normally not accessible by the general public followed walking tour of the market of the bazaars. You will visit the maniharon ka rasta (bangle makers lane), then walk to the thada market (wholesale area) followed by a walk through the wedding market selling various things for indian wedding, after which you will cross the flower market and a few temples on the way, along with many small stalls.
Jaipur to Udaipur
- This morning you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to udaipur.
- Udaipur: delicate, feminine and elegant, udaipur is known by many names – city of sunrise, jewel of mewar and city of lakes. Undoubtedly one of india’s most romantic cities, it nestles between the glassy waters of its famous lakes and the ancient aravalli hills. Although it is one of rajasthan’s largest cities, modern udaipur manages to retain a charming small town vibe.
- On arrival you will be met and transfer to hotel Udaipur ranked as one of the best hotels in udaipur. Nestled within the heart of the city of lakes - udaipur, hotel fateh garh is a pioneer in sustainable, ethical and responsible tourism.
- Built on a hilltop facing the city, the design of the hotel draws heavily from the rich rajasthani heritage and culture, appears no less than a palace. Fateh garh is a luxury heritage hotel in udaipur with views of the lake and palace complex, perfectly located to explore the famed sites of the udaipur city, such as the city palace, the monsoon palace or the beautiful jag mandir.
- Late afternoon proceed on a private motor launch cruise on the placid waters of lake pichola. From the boat you will be able to view the city of udaipur as it rises majestically above the lake in the middle of the rajasthan desert.
- Jag Mandir: an unforgettable sight on lake pichola is the island of jag mandir. Maharana karan singhji built the palace in 1622 ad as a pleasure palace for royal parties and functions.
- This magnificent monument with its domes, marble pillars and fountains has a special approach of a row of marble elephants that seem to be guarding the island.
- Evening - visit Jagdish Temple to witness aarti ceremony: is one of the famous temples of udaipur. Located in the city palace complex of udaipur, this temple is made in the indo-aryan style of architecture.
- The temple is dedicated to lord vishnu (laxmi narayan), the preserver of the universe. The gateway of this temple can be sited at a distance of 150 meters. This three-storied temple is a wonder of architecture that comprises beautifully carved pillars, decorated ceilings, painted walls and lush halls.
- Spend 0ne night at hotel.
- Accommodation is in a renaissance room.
- Your stay is on bed & breakfast basis.
Udaipur to Goa
- Today morning start your day with visit to city palace, the fine house of maharajas of udaipur. A pearl of marble and vibrant mosaics, it is marvellous example of the attention to detail and the exemplary workmanship of the rajasthani artisans.
- You will also visit the crystal gallery that has an extraordinary collection of objects including a crystal bedroom set.
- In evening transfer to airport to board flight to goa.
- Arrive goa and transfer to resort.
- On arrival you will be met and transfer too hotel.
- 03 days at leisure for independent activities
Goa to Mumbai
- Fly to Mumbai.
- Arrive Mumbai and transfer to hotel
- After breakfast transfer to Mumbai international airport to board flight back to home.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note that these packages are customizable, which means that you will be able to make changes to the itinerary/activity if you so desire. The final payment will be calculated as per the itinerary and inclusions reflected on the confirmatory e-mail sent to you.
- Please expect to receive your vouchers 72 hours before your departure date (subject to full payment of your package cost).
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bars etc., are not included.
- In case your package needs to be canceled due to any natural calamity, weather conditions etc. Dook Travels shall strive to give you the maximum possible refund subject to the agreement made with our trade partners/vendors.
- The passenger names in the booking form should be exactly as per passports. Dook Travels will not bear any liability for the name change fee, if incorrect names and ages have been added at the time of booking.
- Please note that your package includes baggage as per airlines policy. Any addition in baggage will be charged separately.
- Standard check-in time at the hotel is normally 2:00 pm and check-out is 11:00 am. An early check-in, or a late check-out is solely based on the discretion of the hotel.
- In case the selected hotel is unavailable for booking, an alternate arrangement will be offered to the customer in another hotel of a similar category.
- Certain hotels may ask for a security deposit during check-in, which is refundable at check-out subject to the hotel policy.This amount has to be deposited by the traveler.
- Please note that Day at Leisure essentially implies that no sightseeing activities have been included for that day.
- Kindly be on time for your activities, tours and transfers. Dook Travels will not be liable for missing any activity thus for any refund against it in such cases.
- No refund either in part or in full will be made for any unused part of the services provided in the package.
- The package price doesn’t include special dinner or mandatory charges at times levied by the hotels especially during New Year and Christmas or any special occasions. Dook Travels shall try to communicate the same while booking the package. However Dook Travels may not have this information readily available all the time.
- Our package price does not include GST and TCS. Applicable GST and TCS will be charged over and above the package price.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- For any paid activity which is non-operational due to any unforeseen reason, we will process the refund & should reach the guest within 30 days refund requisition. Also, for any activity which is complementary and not charged to Dook Travels & guests, no refund will be processed.
- Our package prices are on twin sharing accommodation basis thus published prices are applicable for minimum two persons and multiple of two thereon.
- As per RBI guideline every foreign traveler has to provide us his PAN details. The Dollar component of package price will be taken out of your BTQ (Basic Travel Quota).
- The tour cost does not include any Overseas Insurance Premium, but we strongly recommend buying Overseas Insurance Policy. The same after issuance is non refundable.
- These terms are general terms for our tour packages.Any term mentioned in proposal shall be considered part of it and in case of discrepancy term mentioned in proposal shall prevail.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.
- Payment schedule depends on destination, time of booking, inclusions, airline and hotel payment policy etc thus it is specific to your package bookining.
- Payment schedule will be part of our proposal to you for the package.
- If payment is not made as per the schedule provided in the first booking confirmation e-mail, Dook Travels reserves the right to cancel the booking after attempting to get in touch with you. Refunds would be as per the package cancellation policy.
- Once Booking received : INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation + Hotel cancellation as per hotel policy+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 60 – 45 Days prior to departure : 25 % of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 45 – 30 days prior to departure: 50% of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 30 – 10 days prior to departure: 75% of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- Within 10 days: Full.
Moscow in Winter: A Fulfilling Guide to Enjoy Snow Holiday
As Russia is the coldest place in the world, Moscow in winter will be terrific. But it shouldn’t...
Istanbul in Winter: A Guide to Breathtaking Winters
Istanbul is a country that has something for everyone in every season. Be it winter, summer, or autumn,...
New Year in Armenia: A Joyful Beginning and Radiating Start!
If you are considering joining this amazing New Year celebration in Armenia, continue reading this blog. We have...