Punakha Dzong

    Address: Bhutan

    Coordinates:   27.5822039 ,
         89.8630947

    Top Tours Featuring The Thimphu

    - built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. For many years until the time of the second king it served as the seat of the Government. The Dzong was named Druk Pungthang Dechen Phodrang (Palace of Great Happiness). Punakha is still the winter residence of Je-Khenpo and King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck convened the first National Assembly here in 1952.

    Our latest Blogs