Arrival in Arequipa
- We will pick you up from the airport or bus station, to transfer you to your accommodation located in the city center.
- Check-in at Hotel.
- Rest of the day off, and overnight at the Hotel.
- Breakfast at Hotel.
- We will pick you up from your hotel in the morning, to start a very special tour: The Sillar Route.
- We will take the Arequipa / La Joya route until we reach the Añashuayco quarries and the Quebrada de Culebrillas, and we will walk through this impressive gorge to discover the process used by the ancestors, and that are maintained until today, to take advantage of the volcanic lava which then become sillar blocks.
- This material has been used for the constructions of the city of Arequipa, declared by UNESCO as World Heritage City. At the end of the tour, we will return to the Hotel.
- In the afternoon, we will start the city tour at the colonial district of San Lazaro, place where the city has been founded. Then, we will visit the Main Square, one of the most beautiful in Peru, and neighbor of the imposing Arequipa cathedral built in the seventeenth century and completely rebuilt after several earthquakes.
- We will see the Cathedral and the Church Compañía de Jesús (1590), considered a classic example of the local baroque architecture that keeps inside a sample exceptional paintings and murals.
- From there will move to the Monastery of Santa Catalina, an authentic medieval cloister built in 1579 that is still in use to this day, Then, we will visit Yanahuara and Carmen Alto districts to have a Panoramic view of the countryside, without a doubt a fantastic image.
- Return to the hotel and overnight.
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- We will depart at 8:30 am from Arequipa, driving 160 km to Chivay Town.
- On the route, we will pass through the towns of Yura, Pampa de Arrieros and Pampa Cañahuas, where it is located the National Reserve of Vicuñas Aguada Blanca, and we can see these beautiful camelids.
- We will continue the tour visiting more small towns, and have wonderful views of the volcanoes from the viewpoint.
- We reach Chivay, and you will have free time for lunch and rest.
- Then, we will visit the town and market of Chivay.
- Overnight at the Hotel.
- After breakfast very early in the morning, we will start at 06:15 am to go to the famous point "Cruz del Cóndor".
- We are going to arrive on time to have a pleasant view of the canyon depth and if time allows, majestic images of the Condors flight.
- On the way back to Chivay we will visit the traditional town of Pinchollo and the "Antahuilque viewpoint", where you can see wonderful 1,500-year-old terraces, built by the Collaguas, a culture before the time of the Incas.
- We will continue visiting Macca, an Andean community that experienced an earthquake in November 1991 and the Yanque town with the most beautiful church in the valley.
- Arrival to Arequipa, and transfer to the Hotel.
- Overnight night stay at Hotel.
Fly Back Home
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- We will pick you up and transfer you to the bus station or airport.
Skiing in Kazakhstan: An Adrenaline-rushing Experience for Ski Enthusiasts
Winter is just around the corner, and everyone must be planning their trips around the snowfall to experience...
Georgia in Winter: An Eternal Journey into Heaven
This winter wonderland has something for every traveler to delve into the adventure of snowdrift. In every part...
Moscow in Winter: A Fulfilling Guide to Enjoy Snow Holiday
As Russia is the coldest place in the world, Moscow in winter will be terrific. But it shouldn’t...