Latvia Tour Packages
Explore Latvia with DOOK
Latvia is a beautiful country in Northern Europe. Located in the Baltic region, Latvia
is referred as one of the Baltic States. Latvia shares borders with
Russia to the East, Sweden to the West, and Estonia to the north,
Lithuania to the south and Belarus to the Southeast. Latvia is a
historic and culturally rich country. Latvian song and dance festival is
quite an important event in the culture and social life of the country.
Latvia became independent in 1991 and since then there is democracy and
it is highly developed country as per the United Nations Human
Development index. So, all this and more make Latvia a popular tourist destination in entire Europe.
All About Latvia Tourism & Tour Packages
When you go for Latvia Tour you actually go for a wonderful lifetime experience. If you are looking to explore the best in Baltic region then Latvia has to be one of favorite travel destination. Latvia has both urban and rural attractions and there is natural beauty along with old castle ruins as well. You simply have to buy the best Latvia Tour Package and you can enjoy the country’s several tourist sites. Latvia has very modern and well-connected infrastructure so much so that one can travel anywhere by trains or buses. And yes, Latvia is beyond Riga, the capital city, as many people leave the country after they have seen Riga. You should not make this mistake.
Top Tourist Places in Latvia
First and most popular place in Latvia people visit or rather land, on their Latvia Tour is Riga. Riga is the capital city of Latvia. But many people make a mistake of leaving Latvia after they have spent their Latvia tour time in Riga. Riga is for sure the most famous town in Latvia and for valid reasons. But there are other places in Latvia as well which are worth a visit when you are in Latvia with the best Latvia Holiday Package.
1. Jurmala, 25 KM west to or 30 minute drive to Riga is a resort town in Latvia. You should visit the town for miles of sandy beaches, swaying pine trees, fresh air, lots of fun and more.
2. Gauja National Park is the largest and oldest park in Latvia. And one of the most popular attractions of Gauja National Park is Zvartes Rock. Zvarets Rock is a scenic sandstone outcrop located and most popular attraction in Gauja National Park.
3. Cesisis a small town in Latvia. The town is built on series of ridges above the Gauja River. Cesis Castle is one of the most popular attractions of the town. This fortified wooden castle is the most iconic and superbly preserved castle of medieval times in Latvia. You must see this amazing castle which is also one of the most visited heritage sites in Latvia.
4. Sigulda is a small town just 53 KM away from Riga. The town is famous for old Sigulda Castle, Tarzans Adventure Park, and The Aerodium. People come here on their Latvia Trip to see the ruins of old Sigulda castle which was originally built in 1207. You can be here to step back in time and experience many historical events.
5. Daugavpils is located in Southeastern part of Latvia and it is the second biggest city in Latvia. The town is urban and charming too. You can be here to enjoy everything that you expect in a modern city. Daugavpils fortress is one of the most popular attractions of the town. The castle has sustained many wars and still intact and unchanged.
6. Jelgavais located only 41 KM from Riga in the central region of Latvia. When you are on a Latvia Tour, you should be here also and see some attractions here which include Jelgava Palace and Victory Park. You can do Parachute Jumping and skydiving here also.
7. Kuldiga is known as “The Latvian Venice”. You will see river flowing along the walls of many houses here which is amazing. Apart from this cultural and historical heritage sites like Kuldia Castle and Duke Jacob’s Castle in the town attracts the visitors.
8. Liepaja is a city of music sitting on the coast of Baltic Sea. The third largest city of Latvia, Liepaja has two major points of interest for visitors. One is the city center and two is the Karosta, the northern part of the city. Both of these have amazing beaches which you must enjoy.
Apart from these beautiful towns and attractions there are several other Attractions in Latvia. The list includes Ventspils, Rundale Palace and Museum, Kemeri National Park, Cape Kolka, Turaida Museum Reserve, Latgale, Razna National Park & Razna Lake, Mezotne Palace, Aluksne, Bauska and Courland.
Riga Tour: Explore the Best of Riga
Riga with one third population of Latvia, is the most popular and visited city in Latvia. Riga is also the largest city among the Baltic States. Riga is popular for its old town which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Old town of Riga has over 800 buildings made of Art Nouveau architecture style. This architecture style is known for intricate building facades, carving of flowers and mythological creatures with ornate doorways and windows. These buildings say many stories. So, you must visit old town of Riga on your Riga Tour. But if you are a new age cool things searcher, then Riga have plenty of them to offer as well. You will definitely enjoy the nightlife of Riga. You must also explore natural side of Riga when you are here with your Riga package. There are fairytale castles, adventure sports, and miles of sandy beaches and much more in Riga attracting millions of visitors every year.
Top Tourist Places in Riga
Founded in 1201 by a German, Riga has been a part of many different states. You can explore the historic part of the city in Riga old town. But after the independence in 1991, Latvia has risen rapidly and Riga has become very high growth city. It has extremely modern infrastructure which allows you to have a great Riga Tour experience. Riga has many places to explore.
1. Riga Town Hall Square that stands today was rebuilt completely after its buildings were destroyed during the World War II. Riga Town hall square has several buildings. One is the town hall, which is a 3 story building with a tower and clock on it. This town hall was the place where all the problems in town were discussed and solved. Another structure here is Blackhead house. It was first mentioned in 1334 as the new house of big guild, a group of merchants who used to rent it. Later on, it became an association of young bachelors, unmarried merchants and captains of the ships. Another structure is the statue of Roland who used to be a fair judge.
2. Riga Old Town is super attraction of Riga. It is the oldest part of the city, the heart of the city and also most popular among tourists. It has hundreds of buildings and many of them have statues of cultural monument. Riga Cathedral and St. Peter’s church are two buildings that are quite amazing and offer you superb panoramic view. Apart from these, you can also enjoy your time at good restaurants and cafes here.
3. St. Peter's Church in Riga is also among the top sights people see when they are in Riga with Riga Tour Packages. The church the oldest in Riga and famous for 130 m tall Gothic Tower, the tower clock, bells, seven roosters and the church building. You can see art exhibitions here, attend, concerts, see the original interior design and see the history of the church on stands and screens.
4. Riga Dome Cathedral or Saint Mary’s Dome Cathedral dates back to 1211. This is avenue where major concerts were hosted for hundreds of years. The church has Romanesque, early Gothic, Baroque, and Art Nouveau features.
5. Riga Motor Museum is a place where you can go if you love to explore vehicles and technological advancements in it. Riga Motor Museum is the biggest antique vehicle museum among all the Baltic countries and you should visit the museum to explore old and latest vehicles and technologies used in them.
6. The Ethnographic Open-Air Museum of Latvia is an open air museum in Riga. It is located on the shores of Jugla Lake. Several cultural events are hosted here. You can also attend folk concerts and traditional and crafts festival at the Ethnographic open air museum.
7. Riga Zoo is for all those who want to explore natural heritage of Riga. Riga Zoo, located on the bank of Kisezers Lake¬. Riga Zoo has over 4000 animals and thousands of visitors come here every year to be in the harmonious environment of the zoo.
Other Places to See in Riga includes Latvian National Theatre Riga, Latvian National Opera and Ballet, Latvian National Museum of Art, Taka Spa, Rigas Art Nouveau Center, Nativity of Christ Cathedral, Riga, Riga’s Central Market, Laima Clock, Riga, National Library of Latvia, Riga and Vērmanes Garden Riga.
Book Latvia Tour Packages with Dook International
Now, when it comes to exploring Latvia, you start searching for best Latvia Tour Package or Riga Tour Packages from India. Well, your search should stop with Dook International’s best Latvia Tour Packages. We offer you the best itinerary, landing to Latvia, Transfer to town, hotel accommodation, food, local guide, currency exchange service, visa assistance, sightseeing experience and every little thing that makes your Latvia Tour the best experience of your life. You simply have to get in touch with us to start the long lasting relation with us.
Latvia may have been a less-known holiday destination among tourists. But its popularity is taking a significant spike recently. It is no longer an unexplored and unknown corner of Europe. This Baltic nation has many hidden surprises for people who choose to explore the lush green corners, architecturally-rich cities, and towns. If you are planning a Latvia tour and confused about what this beautiful country has to offer, look at the below list of experiences you can encounter there:
• Enjoy the Sea Festival
• Hike the beautiful coastlines
• Try a unique Zipline ride
• Cycle your way through Sigulda to Ligatne
• Explore the Liepaja Fortress
• Spend a day at Karosta Prison
• Stroll around Latvia’s many swamps
• Experience the Sauna culture
• Pick wild berries and mushrooms with locals
• Be a part of the Latvian Song and Dance festival
• Try Latvian herbal liqueur
• Visit the Raksi Zoo
• Take a walk to Amata Geology Trail
• Visit the Stameriena Castle
• Go to the Deer Park Mezsetas
• Explore Latvia’s Museums
• Unearth the abandoned Soviet objects
• Experience the cross-country skiing
• Kayak across the Gulf of Riga
• Go on an offroad adventure
• Walk around the Town Hall Square
• Tour the seaside Open Air Museum in Ventspils
• Walk down the streets of Jauniela
• Enjoy a show at the Latvian National Opera
• Relish the experience of flying at the Aerodium
• Relax at the Razna Lake
Thrill-seeking Activities to Try on Latvia Tour
No tour is complete without a few adventurous activities. Latvia is no exception when it comes to outdoor adventure. There are many activities that you can include in your Latvia tour packages. If you don’t know them yet, here is a list of fun and thrilling activities in Latvia:
• Forest Bathing
• Husky Hike Tour
• Rocky Seashore
• River Boating
• Bungee Jumping
• Husky Dog Sledding
• Bobsleigh Ride
• Canal Boating
• Vertical Wind Tunnel Flight
• ATV Safari
• Quad Biking
• Lazy Rafting
• Hot Air Balloon Flight
• Water Jet Pack
• Night kayaking
• Horse Riding
• Stand Up Paddling
Most Incredible Restaurants to Try in Latvia
Everyone looks for good food on their vacation. It is difficult to get a home-like taste in a new country. But Latvia is an exception. This beautiful Baltic country offers delightful platters that satiate your taste buds. From traditional cuisines to contemporary Latvian dishes, every kind of food is served at these top restaurants in Latvia. If you are on a hunt to find the best places to eat on your Latvia tour, the below list may help you:
• 3 Pavaru Restorans
• Domini Canes
• Vincents Restorans
• Dome Fish Restaurant
• Folkklubs Ala Pagrabs
• Neiburgs Restaurant
• La Kanna
• Vina Studija
• Andaluzijas Suns
• Fabrikas Restorans
• Lido Restaurant
• Black Garlic
Indulge in Some Retail Therapy at Top Shopping Stores in Latvia
Latvia has many shopping places that offer unique and adorable things to bring home. You can also find many bazaars and marketplaces where you can buy anything. These stalls and kiosks offer beautiful souvenirs and antiques to make you keep a memory of your holiday in Latvia. With Dook’s Latvia holiday packages, you can tour this incredible country and shop at many top places. Whether you are looking for clothes or relics, you will get everything at the places mentioned below:
• Riga Central Market
• Alfa Mall
• Spice Shopping Mall
• Sky & More
• Kalnciema Street Quarter
• Berg Bazaar
• Riga Plaza
• Galleria Riga
• AKROPOLE Alfa
• Domina Shopping
• ELKOR PLAZA Department Store
• Robert’s Books
• Sky & More
• Doma Antikvariats
• Mr Page
• Northern Grip
• Art Nouveau Riga
Enjoy the Dazzling Nightlife in Latvia
Latvia’s nightlife is as enchanting as this country's vibe. Latvia is one of the liveliest countries in the world that offers vibrant party scenes as there are numerous clubs, bars, and pubs. Major tourists are drawn here to enjoy the nightlife of Latvia, where the party goes till late in the night. Tourists can also experience great entertainment during the night. If you are on the Latvia tour, don’t miss going out at night. Here is the list of top culture centers, bars, clubs, and pubs where you can step in to have fun:
• Chomsky’s Bar
• Kanepes Culture Centre
• Skyline Bar
• Fontaine Place
• Coyote Fly Riga
• Miezis un kompanija
• Big 7
• Kiss Club
• Optibets Sports Bar
• Star Lounge Bar
• Spot Kafe
• Kalku Varti
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: What are the best months to travel to Latvia?
Answer: To experience everything from beaches, wildlife forests, and beautiful coastlines in Latvia, you should visit between April to September. It is the best time to stroll around the cities when the weather is pleasant.
Question: What are the best places to visit in Latvia?
Answer: Latvia has many places to visit, such as Old City Riga, Kemeri National Park, Venta Rapid Waterfall, Riga Motor Museum, Zanis Lipke Memorial, Ventspils Beach, Veranes Garden, and more.
Question: What are the famous Latvian cuisines?
Answer: There are many traditional dishes in Latvia that you must try, such as Smoked Fish, Grey Peas & Bacon, Rye Bread, Cabbage Soup, Potato Pancakes, Latvian Meatballs, Rye Bread Soup, Pelmeni, and more.
Question: Do you offer Latvia tour packages?
Answer: Yes. Dook Travels has a few Latvia holiday packages that are pocket-friendly. You can personalize the tour package based on your travel needs.
Question: Is a visa necessary for Indian tourists to travel to Latvia?
Answer: Yes. You need a Schengen visa for traveling to Latvia. The visa will be valid for up to 90 days. If you are planning to go to Latvia, make sure to apply for a visa before.
20 Fascinating Things to Do in Kusadasi Turkey
Kusadasi is a charming city in Turkey that is located on the Aegean Sea. It is a popular...
An Elaborate Guide on Corporate Tours in CIS Countries
Some companies are tapping the CIS destinations for MICE as it is unique, affordable, and allows traveling outside....
15 Cheapest Countries in Asia to Visit on Your Next Holiday
Asia, the largest continent in the world, is filled with breathtaking destinations to travel. From Uzbekistan to Thailand,...