Dook Guarantees an Efficient Visa Process
We make your urge to travel worthwhile with our visa expertise, robust methods and easy processes. Select your destination to know about the visa requirements.
Spain Tourist Visa
Passport Issuing Country
United Arab Emirates
Country of Residence
United Arab Emirates
Visa On Arrival
European Travel Information and Authorization System(ETIAS)
Documents Required for Spain Visa
- Current email address.
- A passport that will be valid for a minimum of 3 months.
- Payment method, e.g. credit or debit card.
- A completed Spain Schengen visa application form.
- A current passport containing at least 2 blank pages.
- 2 recent photographs of the applicant, passport-style.
- Evidence of return flight bookings or travel itinerary.
- Hotel bookings or addresses where travelers will stay in Spain.
- Proof of travel insurance to cover the stay in Spain and the Schengen Area.
- Proof of financial means for the duration of the trip.
Spain Visa Eligibility Criteria
- Passport valid for 3 months from the date of arrival in the Schengen Area, from an ETIAS eligible country.
- Credit or debit card to pay the ETIAS Spain application fee.
- A current email address at which to receive the approved ETIAS for Spain.
Spain Visa Exemptions
- Citizens of the 26 member states in the Schengen area can enter Spain without a passport because citizens of countries who have signed the Schengen Agreement are granted freedom of movement if they present a valid ID card at Spanish borders.
- Current visa regulations state that citizens of some countries can enter Spain without a visa for tourism while others must obtain an embassy tourist visa from a Spanish overseas diplomatic mission in advance.
- Spanish visa policy stipulates that up to 90 countries can currently visit Spain visa-free without a visa for tourist reasons, many of which belong to the Schengen area.
- However, once the ETIAS authorization system is introduced, all visa-exempt citizens from outside of the Schengen Area will be required to pre-register online before traveling to Spain.
Spain Visa General Information
- The ETIAS for Spain (European Travel Information and Authorization System) is an electronic travel authorization that will allow eligible citizens to travel to Spain and all of the 26 Schengen Area member countries for short stays.
- The European Commission is expected to introduce the ETIAS Visa Waiver for Spain in 2022 in order to pre-identify any possible risks or threats associated with visitors traveling to Schengen Area countries and protect and strengthen European borders.
- The European Visa Waiver for Spain will be a multiple entry travel authorization and is expected to allow multiple short stays of 90 days each in the Schengen Area. It will be valid for a total of 3 years from the date of approval.
- European visa waiver citizens will be able to apply through the simple ETIAS application for Spain online. It only takes a few minutes to complete the ETIAS Spain application form with personal, passport, and travel information. Applicants are also required to answer a few health and security-related questions, and pay the ETIAS fee, in order to submit the ETIAS application form for Spain and receive an approved visa waiver.
- ETIAS Spain is not a visa. It is an electronic travel permit that will allow travel to Spain and the Schengen Area for purposes of a business, tourism, transit, or medical treatment.
- The requirements for an ETIAS for Spain specify that the holder must use the same passport to complete the ETIAS application as that used to enter the Schengen zone, as the approved ETIAS Spain will be electronically linked to the applicant’s passport. Applicants with dual nationality should keep this in mind.
- Those who change their passport during the validity of the ETIAS will be required to submit a new ETIAS for Spain application.
- Further ETIAS requirements to travel to Spain, in the form of supporting documentation to present at the border, maybe announced closer to the launch date and will be published on this site when available.
Spain Visa FAQs
- Applicants are required to specify the type of Schengen visa for Spain they require on the application form, and to pay the Schengen visa fee while attending the appointment.
- There are several types of Spanish Schengen visas depending on the duration and purpose of the intended stay in the Schengen zone. It can be issued as a single, double, or multiple-entry visa, and as either a Uniform visa, which can permit travel to multiple Schengen countries, or a limited territory visa which only permits entry to one specified Schengen state.
- Most Schengen visas allow a total stay of 90 days with each entry to Spain, within every 180-day period. Individuals planning to study, work, or reside in Spain for longer consecutive periods may be granted a Schengen visa with longer validity upon providing proof of purpose for the stay.
- Schengen visa requirements for Spain state that it is possible to submit an application up to 3 months before the intended date of entry to the Schengen Area. As it can take up to 2 weeks to process a Spanish Schengen visa, applicants are advised to apply at least 15 days before the start of their planned trip.
Spain Visa Application Process
Eligible citizens will be able to apply for the ETIAS to Spain through a simple online application. Applicants will be required to fill in the application form with basic personal and passport information, answer some security questions, and pay a visa fee to receive an approved ETIAS.
Georgia in Winter: An Eternal Journey into Heaven
This winter wonderland has something for every traveler to delve into the adventure of snowdrift. In every part...
Moscow in Winter: A Fulfilling Guide to Enjoy Snow Holiday
As Russia is the coldest place in the world, Moscow in winter will be terrific. But it shouldn’t...
Istanbul in Winter: A Guide to Breathtaking Winters
Istanbul is a country that has something for everyone in every season. Be it winter, summer, or autumn,...