Dook Guarantees an Efficient Visa Process
We make your urge to travel worthwhile with our visa expertise, robust methods and easy processes. Select your destination to know about the visa requirements.
Portugal Tourist Visa
Passport Issuing Country
Country of Residence
Visa On Arrival
European Travel Information and Authorization System(ETIAS)
Documents Required for Portugal Visa
- Passport with minimum validity of 3 months.
- Travel information including intended date of arrival.
- Current email address.
- Valid debit/credit card.
Portugal Visa Eligibility Criteria
- It is first necessary to meet the Portugal ETIAS visa waiver requirements for documents in order to submit an online ETIAS application. Applicants are required to have a passport from an ETIAS-eligible country valid for at least 3 months past the intended date of arrival in Portugal and the Schengen Area.
- ETIAS requirements for Portugal state that the passport used to complete the application must be the same travel document that the applicant will later use to travel to the Schengen Area.
The requirements for an ETIAS for Portugal also state that the applicant should have the following in order to submit an application:
A valid debit or credit card to pay the ETIAS Portugal fee.
A current email address to which the approved ETIAS authorization email will be sent.
Portugal Visa Exemptions
The ETIAS for Portugal will allow eligible citizens to travel to Portugal and all 26 Schengen Area countries for short stays, for purposes of tourism, transit, business, or medical treatment. ETIAS stands for European Travel Information and Authorization System, and it is an electronic travel authorization expected to be implemented in 2022.
Portugal Visa General Information
- The ETIAS Visa Waiver for Portugal is being developed by the European Commission in order to screen visa waiver travelers to Portugal and the Schengen Area and improve European border security.
- The European Visa Waiver for Portugal is a multiple entry travel authorization. It will allow a maximum stay of 90 days for each entry to the Schengen Area within a 180-day period, and is valid for 3 years from the date of issue. There is no need to apply for the ETIAS to Portugal for each trip during its validity.
- Eligible citizens can complete the simple ETIAS application for Portugal in just a few minutes. It is necessary to fill in the ETIAS Portugal application form with personal, passport, and travel information, and answer a few questions related to security matters to receive an approved ETIAS to Portugal via email.
Portugal Visa FAQs
- Holders of an ETIAS for Portugal will be able to stay for 90 days within every 180-day period with each entry to Portugal and the Schengen Area.
- The European Commission has not yet announced the standard processing time for the European Visa Waiver for Portugal. This information will be published on this site once available.
- Travelers are required to submit a separate kids ETIAS Portugal application for all children under the age of 18.
Portugal Visa Application Process
A passport from an ETIAS-eligible country is a necessary requirement to apply for the ETIAS for Portugal. Applicants are also required to have a current email address to which updates about the status of the ETIAS will be sent, as well as a valid debit or credit card to pay the ETIAS Portugal fee.
Shopping in Georgia Tbilisi - 10 Best Shopping Centres & Malls
Georgia is a place of wonders, and nothing can deny the fact that there are so many things...
15 Interesting Facts About Uzbekistan
Uzbekistan is one of the most pleasant countries in Central Asia that surprisingly captivates the attention of every...
Top 21 Most Visited Cities in Turkey
Turkey is synonymous with sparkling beaches, stunning architecture, adrenaline adventures, awe-inspiring mosques, and not to mention, otherworldly historical...