Wonders Of Himalayas - Darjeeling And Gangtok
Darjeeling and Gangtok are a magnificent blend of tranquillity, luxuriant hills and panoramic views, and above all the mesmerizing beauty of the mighty Kanchenjunga. Both Darjeeling and Gangtok are famous for beautiful serene monasteries, tea plantations and orchards
Bagdogra / New Jalpaiguri – Darjeeling
- Upon your arrival in Bagdogra, you will meet our representative/driver at the airport or railway station & drive towards Darjeeling.
- On arrival check in at your pre booked hotel .
- Rest of the day is at leisure.
- Overnight stay in Darjeeling.
- Today, enjoy a full dayexploring Darjeeling.
- Early Morning (at 04:00 am) drive to Tiger hill (8,400ft.) to watch the spectacular sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzongha (28,208 ft.Worlds 3rd highest peak), on your way back visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop.
- Visit the Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, which has attracted worldattention by successfully breeding endangered species like the snow leopard andred panda. Proceed to the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute- it offerstraining in mountain climbing, and maintains a fascinating museum ofmemorabilia.
- Examine the Tenzing Gumbo Rock, which is a huge natural rockspecially arranged for the rock climbers to train on behalf of theMountaineering Institute. At north point is India's oldest passenger ropeway.It is 5 km long and connects Darjeeling with Singla bazaar on the littleRanjeet river at the bottom of the valley.
- Visit a Tea Estate, Darjeeling tea,famously known as the champagne of teas, is generally regarded as the world'sbest tea. Observe the tea manufacturing process. Later, visit the Peace Pagoda,which stands as the symbol of spirituality and peace. Four statues of Buddhaare glistening with gold polish and eight sandstone carvings depicting thedifferent stages of Buddha’s life adorn the walls of the Pagoda.
- Return to hotel for overnight stay in Darjeeling.
Darjeeling - Gangtok
- After breakfast, drive to Gangtok.
- At an altitude of 5500ft, Gangtok is the capital of the state of Sikkim, is a beautiful and clean town promising of the best monasteries and landscapes.
- Gangtok is truly a traveler's delight.
- Evening at leisure.
- Overnight stay in Gangtok.
Excursion to Tsomgo lake &Baba Mandir
- Tsomgo Lake - Tsomgo Lake or Changu Lake is a glacial lake in the East Sikkim, India, approximately 40 kilometers / 25 miles away from Gangtok at altitude of nearly 3780 meters / 12400 feet.
- The lake is about a kilometer is length and oval in shape. It is considered sacred by the local people and it applies to most of the high altitude lake in Sikkim. A small temple of Lord Siva is constructed on the lake side. This lake remains frozen during then blooms, including the rhododendrons, various species of primulas, blue and yellow poppies, irises etc. The Tsomgo lake derives its water from the melting snow on the mountains around. River Lungtze Chu originates from the Tsomgo lake Sikkim and meets the Rangpo-chu further down its course.
- Also visit Baba Mandir, Baba" Harbhajan Singh (August 3, 1941 – October 4, 1968) was an Indian army soldier who died near the Nathula Pass in India. He was revered by the soldiers of the Indian army who have built a shrine in his honor near the Lake at an altitude of around 4000 meters / 13123 feet. The Mandir has two approachable road one via Gangtok the other is via Rongli. This temple has gained popularity in the last few years due to its history and belief of the followers.
- Return to hotel & overnight stay in Gangtok.
Fly Back Home
- Breakfast at Hotel.
- Transfer to Airport for your own ward Journey.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note that these packages are customizable, which means that you will be able to make changes to the itinerary/activity if you so desire. The final payment will be calculated as per the itinerary and inclusions reflected on the confirmatory e-mail sent to you.
- Please expect to receive your vouchers 72 hours before your departure date (subject to full payment of your package cost).
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bars etc., are not included.
- In case your package needs to be canceled due to any natural calamity, weather conditions etc. Dook Travels shall strive to give you the maximum possible refund subject to the agreement made with our trade partners/vendors.
- The passenger names in the booking form should be exactly as per passports. Dook Travels will not bear any liability for the name change fee, if incorrect names and ages have been added at the time of booking.
- Please note that your package includes baggage as per airlines policy. Any addition in baggage will be charged separately.
- Standard check-in time at the hotel is normally 2:00 pm and check-out is 11:00 am. An early check-in, or a late check-out is solely based on the discretion of the Hotel.
- In case the selected hotel is unavailable for booking, an alternate arrangement will be offered to the customer in another hotel of a similar category.
- Certain hotels may ask for a security deposit during check-in, which is refundable at check-out subject to the hotel policy. This amount has to be deposited by the traveler.
- Please note that Day at Leisure essentially implies that no sightseeing activities have been included for that day.
- Kindly be on time for your activities, tours and transfers. Dook Travels will not be liable for missing any activity thus for any refund against it in such cases.
- No refund either in part or in full will be made for any unused part of the services provided in the package.
- The package price doesn’t include special dinner or mandatory charges at times levied by the hotels especially during New Year and Christmas or any special occasions. Dook Travels shall try to communicate the same while booking the package. However Dook Travels may not have this information readily available all the time.
- Our package price does not include GST and TCS. Applicable GST and TCS will be charged over and above the package price.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- For any paid activity which is non-operational due to any unforeseen reason, we will process the refund & should reach the guest within 30 days refund requisition. Also, for any activity which is complementary and not charged to Dook Travels & guests, no refund will be processed.
- Our package prices are on twin sharing accommodation basis thus published prices are applicable for minimum two persons and multiple of two thereon.
- As per RBI guideline every foreign traveler has to provide us his PAN details. The Dollar component of package price will be taken out of your BTQ (Basic Travel Quota).
- The tour cost does not include any Overseas Insurance Premium, but we strongly recommend buying Overseas Insurance Policy. The same after issuance is non refundable.
- These terms are general terms for our tour packages. Any term mentioned in proposal shall be considered part of it and in case of discrepancy term mentioned in proposal shall prevail.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.
- Payment schedule depends on destination, time of booking, inclusions, airline and hotel payment policy etc thus it is specific to your package bookining.
- Payment schedule will be part of our proposal to you for the package.
- If payment is not made as per the schedule provided in the first booking confirmation e-mail, Dook Travels reserves the right to cancel the booking after attempting to get in touch with you. Refunds would be as per the package cancellation policy.
- Once Booking received : INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation + Hotel cancellation as per hotel policy+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 60 – 45 Days prior to departure : 25 % of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 45 – 30 days prior to departure: 50% of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 30 – 10 days prior to departure: 75% of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- Within 10 days: Full.
Skiing in Kazakhstan: An Adrenaline-rushing Experience for Ski Enthusiasts
Winter is just around the corner, and everyone must be planning their trips around the snowfall to experience...
Georgia in Winter: An Eternal Journey into Heaven
This winter wonderland has something for every traveler to delve into the adventure of snowdrift. In every part...
Moscow in Winter: A Fulfilling Guide to Enjoy Snow Holiday
As Russia is the coldest place in the world, Moscow in winter will be terrific. But it shouldn’t...