Dook Guarantees an Efficient Visa Process
We make your urge to travel worthwhile with our visa expertise, robust methods and easy processes. Select your destination to know about the visa requirements.
Russia Tourist Visa
Passport Issuing Country
Country of Residence
Visa On Arrival
Up to 10 Working Days
Single Entry: 30 Days & Multiple Entries: 90 Days; each visit- Maximum 30 Days
Single Entry: Up to 30 Days & Multiple Entries: Up to 180 Days
Russia Business Visa
Passport Issuing Country
Country of Residence
Visa On Arrival
3- 30 Days
Single/Double Entry: 30 Days & Multiple Entries: Stay period should not exceed 90 Days within each 180 Days
Single Entry - Up to 3 Months & Multiple Entries – Up to 1 Year
Documents Required for Russia Visa
This type of visa is issued to foreign citizens for visiting the Russian Federation for tourism purposes. A tourist visa can be issued for single or multiple entries, with validity of up to 30 days. Tourist visa can also be issued for exhibitions and auctions, for medical consultations or undergoing medical examination in Russia.
- Original passport with a minimum validity of 6 months with at least one blank page for visa stamps
- Duly filed and signed Russian visa application form
- One coloured passport size photograph. Please follow the specifications below:
• 3.5 x 4.5 cm with light-coloured background
• Neutral expressions and without dark/ tinted glasses
• No headgears allowed (with the exception of persons wearing for religious reasons)
• Picture must not be older than 6 months
- Proof of purpose of visit/ Tourist confirmation which is an official invitation from a Russian tour operator. This must be issued on the official letterhead of Russian tour operator’s organization which is officially carrying out tour operator activities in Russia and is registered in the Unified Federal Register of Tour Operators under valid MBT reference number. Confirmation must contain:-
• surname and name (s) in full accordance with the passport data, as well as the date of birth, gender, passport number and citizenship of the foreign citizen
• Name and full address of the host tourist organization, as well as its reference (MBT) number
• Date of entry into the Russian Federation and exit from the Russian Federation
• Number of entries * and purpose of visit (tourism)
• Proof of accommodation and travel Itinerary
• Signature along with the title of authorized employee and seal of the organization, mentioning the date on which the confirmation was issued
Russia Visa FAQs
- 1. Does an Indian national need a visa to travel to Russia?
It is mandatory for all the Indian citizens to obtain a valid for travelling to Russia. For a few other foreign nationals, the requirements may vary.
2. Is the Russia tourist visa extendable for Indians?
The maximum validity of a tourist visa (both single and multiple) is 30 days. The validity of your tourist visa is determined by the dates of entry and exit mentioned in your tourist confirmation and cannot be changed or extended in the Russian Federation.
3. What is maximum stay period covered in a multiple entry visa?
Indian citizens can apply for a multiple entry tourist visa valid for up to 180 days. Please note the total period of stay in Russia for multiple entry tourist visa holders must not exceed 90 days within each period of 180 days whereas the duration of each visit to the Russian Federation must not exceed 30 days.
4. Can I travel to other CIS countries with Russian visa?
The Embassy of the Russian Federation in India issue visas for travel to Russia only and therefore, travel to other CIS countries with Russian visa is impossible and against the immigration laws.
5. If I opt for a Russia business visa, what is my maximum possible stay period in the country?
The maximum stay period in Russia for business visa holders of multiple entries must not exceed 90 days within each period of 180 days, from the start date of the visa's validity. Disobeying this rule may result in ban on entry to Russia.
6. I am a ‘highly skilled specialist’ applying for Russia work visa from India. Am I eligible for a visa extension?
As an exception, a highly skilled specialist is eligible to obtain multiple entry visas with validity of up to 3 years.
7. Can Indians apply for visa on arrival?
No, Russia does not offer visa on arrival option. Citizens of some countries are exempted from visa.
8. Is Russia allowing Indian tourists during COVID outbreak?
Yes. However, Indians including the other foreign nationals travelling to Russia will have to mandatorily present the negative RT-PCR test done within 72 hours prior to arrival which will be followed by an on-the-spot test upon arrival.
9. How much time does Russia visa take to get processed in India?
In general, the processing time for a visit visa for Russia is within 10 working days, provided the required documentation is complete and the applicable consular fee is paid. But in some exceptional cases, the process may take up to 30 days of time.
10. Can I apply for Russian e-visa from India?
Issuance of Russian e-visas has been suspended with effect from March 16, 2020 due to the Covid-19 crisis, until further notice. Dook Travels makes the entire visa process hassle free for you without necessity of you doing the physical submission at visa centre. To know more, you can get in touch with our visa experts.
11. Do I need a negative PCR test report to enter Russia or the vaccination certificate will work?
Yes. All the travellers are required to a proof of a negative PCR test, taken within the previous 72 hours. In case you are vaccinated, make sure you are carrying along the certificate but only the vaccines approved by the Russian Government are acceptable as valid proofs. Therefore, a COVID-19 test can be administered on arrival.
12. What all vaccinations are accepted for entry to Russia?
The Russian government has approved three domestically developed and produced vaccines for use in the country including Sputnik V, Sputnik Light, EpiVacCorona and CoviVac.
13. Do I need to submit the proof of funds in case I am travelling on a tourist visa?
It is not mandatory to submit the proof of funds along with the other important documents.
14. What are the key steps to obtain a Russia tourist visa?
Firstly, you should have a valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the intended date of arrival in Russia along with the itinerary and tickets to present while applying for visa. It is important to fill and sign the visa application form and get a letter of invitation or visa to support your documentation process. Finally, after submitting all your documents to your trusted Visa Consultant Dook, wait for the visa to process and upon a following confirmation, you can collect your passport and other submitted documents.
15. Can I submit a copy of my invitation letter instead of the original?
You can. In most of the cases, good quality copies get accepted for further processing. However, it is always better to submit an original copy.
16. Do I need to go in for an interview after applying for Russian visa?
Though interview is not a part of regular application process, the Consular Missions still reserve the right to call applicants for interview, extend visa processing time or even request for additional documents.
17. My Russian visa has been damaged accidentally. Do I have to reapply?
In such cases where the visa has been damaged and the important information in it has become unreadable, you will have to reapply for a new visa.
18. Will my fees be refunded if my visa application is rejected?
All types of consular and service fees are non-refundable and cannot be refunded in case of visa rejection.
Kyrgyzstan in Winter: Unfold the Silk Road Adventure in Snow
Kyrgyzstan, a winter wonderland, is one of the premier winter destinations on the list of top places to...
Skiing in Kazakhstan: An Adrenaline-rushing Experience for Ski Enthusiasts
Winter is just around the corner, and everyone must be planning their trips around the snowfall to experience...
Georgia in Winter: An Eternal Journey into Heaven
This winter wonderland has something for every traveler to delve into the adventure of snowdrift. In every part...