Dook Guarantees an Efficient Visa Process
We make your urge to travel worthwhile with our visa expertise, robust methods and easy processes. Select your destination to know about the visa requirements.
Maldives Tourist Visa
Passport Issuing Country
Country of Residence
Visa On Arrival
Documents Required for Maldives Visa
The tourist visa is granted to all nationalities on arrival to Maldives and therefore, a foreigner/tourist does not require pre-approval for the visa. However, it is mandatory for the person to fulfil the basic entry requirements and submit necessary documents to get immigration clearance upon arrival. Below is the list:
- Original passport or a travel document with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) having at least 1 month validity
- A pre-paid hotel reservation confirmation for the entire stay duration
- 2 recent scanned photographs (coloured)
- Confirmed return or onward ticket (not applicable for valid resident permit holders)
- Negative Covid-19 PCR test result to be mandatorily submitted while filling Traveler Health Declaration form. Sample to be taken within 96 hours prior to departure to Maldives, counting from the first port of embarkation en-route to the Maldives
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Maldives.
- Entry facilities to the onward destinations; for example, the visa.
- An online Traveller Health Declaration (THD) to be filled in and submitted by all travellers travelling to and from Maldives, within 24 hours prior to their travel. You may submit the form electronically via IMUGA.
Maldives Visa Eligibility Criteria
Prior to Arrival:
- Duly filled Traveller Health Declaration form online via IMUGA portal within 24hrs prior to departure from the first port of embarkation
- A valid passport or a travel document with a Machine-Readable Zone (MRZ), with at least one month validity
- A pre-paid hotel reservation
- Confirmed return or onward ticket together with necessary visas
- Negative Covid-19 PCR test result to be mandatorily submitted while filling Traveller Health Declaration form. Sample to be taken within 96 hours prior to departure to Maldives
- If vaccinated, please provide Covid-19 vaccination details (WHO approved vaccines only) while filling Traveller Health Declaration
- Authentic and complete information to be provided during the questioning from the Immigration Officer
- Passengers travelling to a third country via Maldives must provide onward flight details with accurate information at the point of entry (Providing misleading/ false information will result in denial of entry or restriction of travelling further to the third country)
- Passengers providing false hotel confirmations shall not be granted entry to the Maldives
- A proof of sufficient funds for the intended period of stay in Maldives is mandatory
- Tourists could be subject to self-quarantine for 14 days. This does not apply to:
1. Individuals having a COVID-19 vaccination certificate proving they were fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria or SK Bioscience Co Ltd. from Korea), Covishield, Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Sinopharm or Sputnik V at least 14 days before arrival;
2. Individuals with a positive COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 60 days before arrival and a recovery certificate;
3. Passengers younger than 18 years travelling with their fully vaccinated parents
Maldives Visa Exemptions
- No negative COVID-19 PCR test report is required for children younger than 1 year
- No self-quarantine for 14 days is required for the passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated (with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria or SK Bioscience Co Ltd. from Korea, Covishield, Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Sinopharm or Sputnik V) at least 14 days before arrival
- Passengers with a positive COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 60 days before arrival and a recovery certificate are also not required to do the self-quarantine
Maldives Visa General Information
- The period of stay granted is shown on the endorsement in the passport. Visitors are advised to check their passport for the arrival endorsement and take note of the number of days granted to stay in Maldives. Once arrived as a tourist, the visitor is not permitted to engage in any form of business, occupation, profession or paid employment while in Maldives
- Indian tourists are not allowed to travel to places inhabited with the local population like Male. Many city hotels and resorts have temporarily banned their entry until further notice
- Categories like; social visitors, friends, family visitors or media and business visitors, who are not considered as genuine tourists, are highly advised to declare sponsorship prior to their arrivals (if applicable), in order to facilitate the flow of passage.
- A distance of three feet must be maintained with others when going out. Use of masks is mandatory on all inhabited islands when going out in public.
Maldives Visa FAQs
1. Do I need a tourist visa before I arrive in Maldives?
The tourist visa is granted to all nationalities on arrival to Maldives and therefore, a foreigner/ tourist does not require pre-approval for the visa.
2. Do Indian nationals need to pay fee for Maldivian Visa?
No. Visa to Indian nationals are issued on gratis basis except Employment Visa for which the fee will be paid by the employer in Maldives.
3. What is the validity of a Maldives tourist visa?
Maldives Tourist Visa allows you to stay in the Maldives for 30 days, but may be extended for another 60-day period. This period of stay is not for the visitor to claim, but lies at the discretion of the Maldives Immigration to grant any number of days less than or equal to 30.
4. I am a first time visitor to Maldives. Can anyone guide me through the process of getting a Maldives visa on arrival?
Once you land at the Maldives airport, kindly head to the Immigration counter. You will most likely be asked the basic questions around your purpose of visit to Maldives and intended duration of stay. The process is easy and hassle free. But the time involved in overall procedure may also depend on the peak season of travel and restrictions/ medical screening in place.
5. Do I need a negative PCR test report to enter Maldives or the vaccination certificate will work?
Negative Covid-19 PCR test result is required while filling Traveller Health Declaration form (sample to be taken within 96 hours prior to departure to Maldives). In case you are fully vaccinated, carry the vaccination certificate along to skip the self-quarantine for 14 days.
6. I am fully vaccinated with two doses of COVISHIELD vaccine. Am I eligible to travel to the Maldives?
Yes. When travelling to Maldives, you can carry along COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that you were fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria or SK Bioscience Co Ltd. from Korea, Covishield, Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Sinopharm) or Sputnik V at least 14 days before arrival.
7. Is Maldives open for Indian tourists?
Since July 15, 2020, Maldives has reopened its borders to tourists of all nationalities. There are no further incoming travel restrictions to the country and all the tourists are required to follow the eligibility criteria in order to enter the Maldives.
8. What should I do if I need to extend my visa above 90 days?
The maximum number of days granted on arrival would be 30 days, unless agreed by any bilateral means or treaty. This period of stay is not for the visitor to claim, but lies at the discretion of the Maldives Immigration to grant any number of days less than or equal to 30.
9. Can my visa application for Maldives get rejected?
Indians are usually not likely to face a rejection. However, the above mentioned documents are compulsory to enter the country. Failure to provide any of the required documents may result in rejection. The decision to grant an entry lies at solely at the discretion of the Maldives Immigration officials at the Airport.
10. What are the key eligibility points to enter Maldives?
Travellers must meet the following criteria:
• Should have a valid passport
• Confirmed return or onward ticket
• Filled Traveller Health Declaration form online via IMUGA portal within 24hrs prior to departure
• Proof of enough funds to cover the travel/ stay expenses
• A copy of hotel reservation
• Negative Covid-19 PCR test result (to be taken 96 hours before the departure)
11. Do I need to submit the proof of funds in case I am travelling on a tourist visa?
You can either present a confirmation of a hotel/resort booking or proof of sufficient funds to cover your expenses in Maldives (at least US$100 + US$50 per day demonstrated by cash or bank statement).
12. What are the most suitable clothes for Maldives, since the weather is hot all year round?
T-shirts and cotton clothing are most preferred. Dress as casually as possible. Though in Malé and other inhabited islands, women are suggested to wear modest clothing.
13. The best time to visit Maldives?
December to March is an ideal time to visit Maldives, as this period marks the peak tourist season. But a majority of vacationers also prefer for mid-November to early April when the weather is dry and more welcoming.
14. Can I use my credit card in the Maldives?
Yes. Most commonly used cards such as American Express, Visa, Master Card are widely accepted by resorts, hotels and souvenir shops.
15. Can Indian businessmen holding Business Visa undertake employment in Maldives?
No, businessmen holding Business Visa shall not engage or undertake any kind of employment in Maldives.
16. I am an Indian businessman holding a tourist visa to Maldives. Can I undertake employment in Maldives during my visit?
No. Once arrived as a tourist, the visitor is not permitted to engage in any form of business, occupation, profession or paid employment while in Maldives.
Georgia in Winter: An Eternal Journey into Heaven
This winter wonderland has something for every traveler to delve into the adventure of snowdrift. In every part...
Moscow in Winter: A Fulfilling Guide to Enjoy Snow Holiday
As Russia is the coldest place in the world, Moscow in winter will be terrific. But it shouldn’t...
Istanbul in Winter: A Guide to Breathtaking Winters
Istanbul is a country that has something for everyone in every season. Be it winter, summer, or autumn,...