A Grand Voyage Into Georgia
Georgia: a passage to the past with a modern vibe
An exploration of Georgia’s most iconic sights brings you closer to the illustrious history of this charming country. Discover the ancient cities of Tbilisi and Mtskheta, important cities in Christian history, brimming with age-old churches, monasteries, and fortresses. Explore the ancient caves of Uplistsikhe and experience the magnificence of the Caucasus on the rolling hills of Kazbegi.
Arrival in Tbilisi
- Arrival in Tbilisi.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Check-in at the hotel.
- Meet your guide to start a sightseeing tour in the capital of Georgia.
- Visit the National Museum of Fine Arts. The Museum houses the best-known samples of Georgian artwork.
- We continue our tour with visiting Metekhi church (12th-13th centuries), cross cupola church, part of the Royal residential complex; Sulfur baths, favourite place of Tbilisi citizens and foreign guests.
- Sioni Cathedral (7th -19th centuries); Anchiskhati Basilica and bell tower (6th -18th centuries).
- Rustaveli Avenue and Freedom Square.
- Overnight at the hotel.
Tbilisi - Mtskheta – Ananuri – Kazbegi
- After breakfast, drive to Mtskheta, one of the oldest towns and the cultural and religious center of Georgia.
- Mtskheta was the capital of the Eastern Georgian Kingdom of Iberia from the third century BC.
- Visit Jvari Church, a true architectural masterpiece of the early Medieval Period built on a hilltop.
- You will enjoy the views of the confluence of Aragvi and Mtkvari rivers.
- Visit Svetitskhoveli, the main cathedral of Mtskheta and a sacred place where the robe of Christ is being kept.
- Continue to Ananuri architectural complex, a former residence of Argveti Dukes.
- The complex features churches and towers dating back to the 16-17th centuries, beautifully overlooking the Jinvali reservoir.
- Next destination is Kazbegi, a small town with the views of Mount Kazbek (or Mkinvari) 5033m, the seventh highest peak in the Caucasus Mountains.
- Reach Gergeti Holy Trinity Church located at an altitude of 2170m on 4WD vehicle.
- Overnight at the hotel.
Kazbegi – Gori – Uplistsikhe – Tbilisi
- In the morning, depart Kazbegi and drive to the city of Gori.
- Explore the Stalin museum featuring original small house where he was born, and his personal armored wagon.
- Continue to the cave town Uplistsikhe, dating back to Hellensitic period and notable for the unique combination of various styles of rock-cut cultures and the co-existence of pagan and Christian architecture.
- Arrive in Tbilisi.
- Overnight at the hotel.
- Check-out from the hotel.
- Free time until transfer to Tbilisi International Airport.
- End of the tour.
Tourist Visa Support
3 Nights Accommodation in Hotel
All Transfers As Per the Schedule Itinerary
English Speaking Guide throughout the Tour
Return Airport Transfer
Click to view Visa information
Terms & Conditions
- Please note that these packages are customizable, which means that you will be able to make changes to the itinerary/activity if you so desire. The final payment will be calculated as per the itinerary and inclusions reflected on the confirmatory e-mail sent to you.
- Please expect to receive your vouchers 72 hours before your departure date (subject to full payment of your package cost).
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bars etc., are not included.
- In case your package needs to be canceled due to any natural calamity, weather conditions etc. Dook Travels shall strive to give you the maximum possible refund subject to the agreement made with our trade partners/vendors.
- The passenger names in the booking form should be exactly as per passports. Dook Travels will not bear any liability for the name change fee, if incorrect names and ages have been added at the time of booking.
- Please note that your package includes baggage as per airlines policy. Any addition in baggage will be charged separately.
- Standard check-in time at the hotel is normally 2:00 pm and check-out is 11:00 am. An early check-in, or a late check-out is solely based on the discretion of the hotel.
- In case the selected hotel is unavailable for booking, an alternate arrangement will be offered to the customer in another hotel of a similar category.
- Certain hotels may ask for a security deposit during check-in, which is refundable at check-out subject to the hotel policy.This amount has to be deposited by the traveler.
- Please note that Day at Leisure essentially implies that no sightseeing activities have been included for that day.
- Kindly be on time for your activities, tours and transfers. Dook Travels will not be liable for missing any activity thus for any refund against it in such cases.
- No refund either in part or in full will be made for any unused part of the services provided in the package.
- The package price doesn’t include special dinner or mandatory charges at times levied by the hotels especially during New Year and Christmas or any special occasions. Dook Travels shall try to communicate the same while booking the package. However Dook Travels may not have this information readily available all the time.
- Our package price does not include GST and TCS. Applicable GST and TCS will be charged over and above the package price.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- For any paid activity which is non-operational due to any unforeseen reason, we will process the refund & should reach the guest within 30 days refund requisition. Also, for any activity which is complementary and not charged to Dook Travels & guests, no refund will be processed.
- Our package prices are on twin sharing accommodation basis thus published prices are applicable for minimum two persons and multiple of two thereon.
- As per RBI guideline every foreign traveler has to provide us his PAN details. The Dollar component of package price will be taken out of your BTQ (Basic Travel Quota).
- The tour cost does not include any Overseas Insurance Premium, but we strongly recommend buying Overseas Insurance Policy. The same after issuance is non refundable.
- These terms are general terms for our tour packages.Any term mentioned in proposal shall be considered part of it and in case of discrepancy term mentioned in proposal shall prevail.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.
- Payment schedule depends on destination, time of booking, inclusions, airline and hotel payment policy etc thus it is specific to your package bookining.
- Payment schedule will be part of our proposal to you for the package.
- If payment is not made as per the schedule provided in the first booking confirmation e-mail, Dook Travels reserves the right to cancel the booking after attempting to get in touch with you. Refunds would be as per the package cancellation policy.
- Once Booking received : INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation + Hotel cancellation as per hotel policy+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 60 – 45 Days prior to departure : 25 % of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 45 – 30 days prior to departure: 50% of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- 30 – 10 days prior to departure: 75% of land cost + INR 5000 (Per PAX) + actual Ticket cancellation+Visa fee if visa is applied.
- Within 10 days: Full.
The Great Migration in Africa - Everything You Should Know!
Africa is known for many spectacles, but the Great Migration is the most quintessential of all. It will...
15 Best National Parks in Africa for a Rewarding Experience
Africa is a land with immense and iconic ecological diversity. To help you explore these African national parks,...
How Responsible Tourism is an Effective Step in Making Earth More Liveable?
As the tourism industry is evolving at an incredible pace, some steps must be taken to protect mother...