Dook Guarantees an Efficient Visa Process
We make your urge to travel worthwhile with our visa expertise, robust methods and easy processes. Select your destination to know about the visa requirements.
Sweden Tourist Visa
Passport Issuing Country
Country of Residence
Visa On Arrival
European Travel Information and Authorization System(ETIAS)
Documents Required for Sweden Visa
- Passport with 3 months validity minimum.
- Travel information (Schengen country of first entry).
- Current email address.
- Valid debit/credit card.
Sweden Visa Eligibility Criteria
- A valid debit/credit card to pay the ETIAS for Sweden fee.
- A current email address to which the approved Swedish ETIAS will be sent.
Sweden Visa Exemptions
- Citizens of Croatia can go to Sweden without a visa.
Sweden Visa General Information
- ETIAS for Sweden is travel information and authorization system expected to be implemented in 2022. From this date, visa-exempt foreign citizens for Europe will be required to have an approved ETIAS visa waiver for Sweden in order to travel to Sweden and the 26 Schengen Area countries for short stays.
- As it will be a multiple-entry travel authorization, ETIAS Sweden will allow multiple entries to the Schengen passport-free zone for purposes of transit, tourism, business, or medical treatment.
- With each entry to the Schengen zone, the European visa waiver for Sweden allows a total stay of 90 days within every 180-day period. The ETIAS will be valid for a total of 3 years from the date of approval.
- The ETIAS for Sweden is not a visa; this electronic travel authorization is simply an additional entry requirement for visitors from visa-free countries. As opposed to the lengthier Sweden visa application process, the ETIAS is a quick online registration.
- The European Commission is making it mandatory for visa waiver citizens to apply for the ETIAS to Sweden in order to strengthen Schengen Area borders and improve security within Europe.
- Eligible travelers will be able to fill in the simple ETIAS Sweden application form online in just a few minutes. Applicants are required to provide basic personal and passport information, state the Schengen country of first intended entry, and answer a few security-related questions to complete the ETIAS application for Sweden and receive an approved ETIAS via email.
Sweden Visa FAQs
- Applicants with dual nationality should make sure they bring the correct passport when traveling to the Schengen Area, as ETIAS requirements for Sweden state the passport must be the same as that used to apply for the ETIAS. This is because the approved ETIAS Sweden is electronically linked to an individual travel document.
- Printing a copy of the approved visa waiver is not a mandatory ETIAS requirement for traveling to Sweden, although applicants are advised to present a paper copy when boarding their aircraft to the Schengen Area.
- If the applicant’s passport expires during the validity of the ETIAS for Sweden, it will be necessary to submit a new ETIAS application to continue to travel to the Schengen Area.
- The European Commission may announce further requirements for an ETIAS for Sweden closer to the 2022 launch date. These will be published on this site once available.
Sweden Visa Application Process
- Eligible applicants are able to apply for the ETIAS for Sweden through a simple application online, to receive an approved Swedish ETIAS via email.
Top 15 Stunning Cities in Serbia to Visit
Serbia, a southeastern European country, is a gorgeous tourist destination. It is a hidden gem of Europe that...
Top 10 Timeless Historical Places in Turkey
Turkey has an ancient charm and historic significance that offers tourists so much to explore. Turkey, a land...
Turkey in Winter: A Heaven-Like Experience
Turkey never fails to mesmerize its tourists with its old-world charm, modern vibes, vast landscapes, stunning attractions, breathtaking...