Tashkent 14 Days Tour Package
Amir Timur Square is surrounded with the buildings of the Uzbekistan Hotel University of Law (former Womens Gymnasium) the Amir Timur Museum well-known Tashkent Chimes and the Forums Palace - one of the most grandiose architectural structures in Tashkent. Almost all the buildings located around Amir Timur Square have historical importance
The Registan was the heart of the ancient city of Samarkand of the Timurid Empire now in Uzbekistan. The name Rgistan means sandy place or desert in Persian. The Registan was a public square where people gathered to hear royal proclamations heralded by blasts on enormous copper pipes called dzharchis - and a place of public executions. It is framed by three madrasa
The Bibi-Khanym Mosque is one of the most important monuments of Samarkand. In the 15th century it was one of the largest and most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world. By the mid-20th century only a grandiose ruin of it still survived but major parts of the mosque were restored during the Soviet period.
Timur began to think of building a magnificent edifice summoned an architect and set out his objective. After listening to the ruler the architect asked to be allowed into the state exchequer. When permission was granted the craftsman started to make foundation blocks from clay mixed with gold in full view of Timur.Seeing that the ruler remained impassive he broke up the blocks and returned the gold to the exchequer. When Timur asked Why did you do that the architect replied So as to make sure of your determination to embark on constructing a building that requires vast expenditure. A second legend recounts that after the main building work had been completed Timur began to tell the craftsmen to hurry up and finish the decorative facing of the palace.
Kok-Gumbaz Mosque was built in Dorut-Tillavat Memorial complex just opposite to Shamsiddin Kulol Mausoleum in 1435-1436. It is the largest Friday mosque in Shakhrisabz. The inscription on the portal announces that the mosque was constructed by Ulugbek on behalf of his father Shakhruh.The building of the mosque is crowned by a huge dome covered with blue ceramic tiles. It gave the name to the mosque Kok Gumbaz that means Blue Dome. Around the tholobate of the dome there is the inscription with white glazed tiles Sovereignty belongs to Allah wealth belongs to Allah.The internal space of Kok-Gumbaz Mosque is nearly square in its layout and has four deep niches carefully oriented to the each corner of the earth. The whole wall surface was covered with ganch stucco and painted with intricate dark and light blue ornaments.
The ancient architecture is an incredible piece of work which has withstood time for almost nine centuries. However the 105 inner stairs has been closed off to tourists.The ancient architecture is an incredible piece of work which has withstood time for almost nine centuries. However the 105 inner stairs has been closed off to tourists.The Kalyan minaret is a minaret of the Po-i-Kalyan mosque complex in Bukhara Uzbekistan and one of the most prominent landmarks in the city. The minaret designed by Bako was built by the Qarakhanid ruler Mohammad Arslan Khan in 1127 to summon Muslims to prayer five times a day.
It is a historical mosque and inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was built in 1712 and was under the Bolshevik Russian rule in the 1920s.Bolo-Khauz Complex is the only preserved monument on the Registan Square. It is located on the opposite site of Ark - the Emirs fortress. The complex consists of the reservoir Friday mosque and minaret.The most ancient part of the complex is the pond (Khauz) which is called as Bolo-Khauz (Childrens reservoir). It is one of several ponds in Bukhara that reached our days. In past these reservoirs were the water source for the population and unfortunately the source of many deseases. Therefore most of them were drained.
There are only four trading domes which exist in Bukhara namely the Toki-Sarrofon Trading Dome Telpak Furushon Trading Dome Tim Abdullakhan Trading Dome and Toki-Zargaron Trading Dome.Bukhara is well-known to the world not only with its mosques Ark Fortress and the majestic Kalyan minaret but also with its trading domes stretching in procession from Lyabi-Khauz to the Miri-Arab madrasah. Long ago in the XVI century under the Shaybanides dynasty Bukhara became the capital giving rise to unprecedented growth of the city and since it was located on the Great Silk Road the markets and trading stores even more congested cross-roads of public roads. Several centuries passed since that and four trading domes have only survived up to date.
Offering a terrace Chor Minor Hotel is located in the historical centre of Bukhara a 12-minute walk to Kalyan Minaret and 300 metres from Lyabi Haus Square. Free WiFi access and private parking are available. The air-conditioned rooms are decorat
The Samanid Mausoleum built in the 10th century C.E. is located in the northwestern part of Bukhara Uzbekistan just outside its historic center. It was built as the resting place of the powerful and influential Islamic Samanid dynasty that ruled the Samanid Empire from approximately 900 to 1000. It contained three burials one of whom is known to have been Nasr II.
The palace used to be a summer resting place for the Khans of Bukhara when the city was under the Russian protectorate. It features a subtle Oriental and Russian decoration and style.In the mid-XIX century Emir of Bukhara Nasrullah Khan decided to build a new country seat for himself. To choose the coolest place not to suffer from summer heat the architects made recourse to an old method - dressed muttons were put on the potential sites of construction. The place where the meat got spoiled last was chosen for the construction of the suburban pearl of Bukhara. Unfortunately this palace did not survive to the present day.Several decades later another emir of Bukhara Mir Sayyd Muhammad Alim Khan initiated the construction of a new palace there. A legend has it that Emir devoted the palace to his wife Sitora. The construction work which lasted several years resulted in the residence of unprecedented beauty. The Bukhara architects having trained in Russia managed to combine oriental and western styles in their creation. After a while the Emirs wife died and her name was given to the palace. It was named Sitorai Mokhi-Khosa translated from Tajik as Star like the Moon and this name was preserved to this day. Unfortunately the Sitorai Mokhi-Khosa also shared the fate of the first palace it was destroyed.The extant Sitorai Mokhi-Khosa Palace was built in 1912-1918 by order of the last Emir of Bukhara Mir Sayyd Muhammad Alim Khan.The palace main building consists of several reception halls and emirs private rooms. Special attention was given to White Hall decorated by the famous master usto Shirin Muradov who was subsequently perpetuated in a monument installed in the territory of the summer residence
Djuma (Friday) mosque in the center of Ichan-kala. It was erected at the end of the eighteenth century over the ruins of previous construction. This is an original building without portals and cupolas without galleries and yards. It is 55x46 m. One can enter the mosque from four sides. From the northern facade facing the one of the main streets of the city the mosque faces a minaret 52 m. high.The building is fenced with brick walls. The interior space is a single hall the flat ceiling of which is supported by 215 wooden pillars.Small openings were made in the ceiling for light and ventilation of the hall.The interior is simply plastered. Spaces between the windows are painted in black and red colors trees bushes and irises are realistically represented symbolizing the wish of peace and tranquil in the monumental and decorative art of Central Asia.
in 1686 Arang-khan began the construction of the citadel Kunya-ark at the western gates of Ichan-kala. The ark presented a complex multi-yard composition containing a house for khan the members of his family and dignitaries.From the large numbers of constructions of the ark only several buildings of the nineteenth century and the beginning of the twentieth century were preserved. They were the official reception hall (kurinishkhana) a mosque the mint and a harem.There was an outer yard serving as a waiting room for the khans audiences. There were cannons in a second yard.The Akshikh-bobo aivan has also been used for military observation.the yards with their splendid aivans.
he Jami Mosque is the true decoration of Kokands Chorsu square. Citizens cannot imagine their city without this magnificent mosque. It seemes that it was always on that site. And indeed in historical chronicles of IX-XII centuries there are mentions of the mosque in Kokand which stood in the same place on the square Chorsu. But during the Mongol invasions the Jami Mosque as well as the entire city was destroyed.the present mosque was built in the XIX century. In 1805 Kokand Olimhan started to build a mosque but construction was suspended the superior of the mosque stood up against the construction of mosque at the expence of funds collected by force from the common people.Two years later the Jami Mosque was built.
This religious complex was built in 1825 for maternal Kokand Umarkhan. He also connected with the name of the poet Nadira - spouses Umarkhan. The fate of Nadira - wife of the ruler and the poet Umarkhan - was tragic she was executed on the orders of the Emir of Bukhara - Nasrallah. In memory of the poetesse close to the mausoleum there was built a monument of white marble and bronze.Madari Khan Mausoleum is a small-sized portal-domed tomb with small faceted minarets which is located behind the cemetery.
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Start your journey here by filling the form below:
Ready to venture out into the world? Fill the form below and start your brand new journey with us
Data collected by Dook International is used for internal purposes to process and respond to your request.